Entrepreneurial Personality, Values, and Tendencies: How strongly doyou exhibit the characteristics in the list below? How well doesyour personality match up with the demands of your startupprocess? What role(s) will allow to best utilize your strengths?How can you compensate in areas where your personality is nota great match for your venture’s needs?
- Commercially Oriented—interested in money and business;driven to achieve bottom-line profitability.
- Conceptual—an “idea person,” continually unearthing newopportunities; an emergent learner, adaptively learning fromexperience and experimentation; skillfully deals with am-biguity and complexity, and has the ability to discern use-ful patterns from large amounts of information.
- Independent—willing or inclined to strike out on yourown; willing to stand apart from the herd.
- Achievement Oriented—passionate, ambitious, competitive, driven; enjoys mastering new skills, displays a strong workethic, and sets high standards for themselves and others.
- Risk Tolerant—evaluates and manages calculated risks;shows courage in the face of uncertainty, and distinguishesinternal feelings of anxiety from more objective measuresof actual risk.
- Confident—understands own abilities and contribution(optimistic but realistic); not easily deterred by others’negativity or criticism.
- Persuasive—appeals to others’ motives and values by tun-ing in to the needs and interests of others and adapting themessage and behavior to match.
- Resilient—persistently works to overcome obstacles anddoes not allow setbacks to derail them; perseveres in theface of adversity.
- Reliable/Focused—follows through, delivering on commit-ments to others, as well as to themselves.
- People Oriented—values, understands, and leverages peo-ple; possesses strong social antennae; gifted at working aroom and building lasting relationships.
- Ethical—holds self to high personal and professional stan-dards. Words and actions are aligned; builds trust andcredibility with customers, team members, and partners.
What is the status of your physical/emotional health? How do youdevelop and maintain your personal energy and capacity (e.g., ex-ercise, nutrition, social and spiritual, etc.)
Transition: What aspects of your prior roles and responsibilitiesdo you want to carry forward into this new phase (will serve youwell)? What aspects do you want to leave behind (will hinder you in some way)? These might include affiliations, contracts,responsibilities, behaviors, etc